A-Level Results 2021 Statement
Over the past 18 months students at Welling School have faced unprecedented disruption to their education. The A Level results published today demonstrate their resilience and determination to succeed and as a whole school community we recognise and celebrate their success.
Overall, our results show:
- 100% A* - E in all subjects.
- 84% of students entered for an academic subject achieved a grade A* - C and 18% achieved a grade A* - A.
- 100% of students entered for a vocational subject achieved a Distinction* - Pass with the average grade being a Distinction.
- 53% of students applied to university and following their results students secured their place at either their first or second choice university, with two choosing to defer for a year. This year 10% of those students applying to University secured places at prestigious Russell Group Universities.
- The remaining 47% of students are currently in the process of securing an Apprenticeship or employment in a variety of fields including: banking and finance, dance-coaching, body modification and Primary sports teaching.
There were some outstanding individual performances from our students:
- Jasmine Scarff achieved three A grades in English Literature, Photography and Psychology. She will be studying English with Publishing at University of Plymouth.
- George Obersterescu achieved A* in Geography, A in Physics and B in Mathematics. He will be studying Engineering at University of Warwick.
- Head Girl Francesca Jones achieved A in Chemistry and Mathematics and B in Biology. She will be studying Mathematics with Finance at University of Exeter next year.
- Danveer Suprai achieved two Distinction* grades in Business and ICT and A in Finance. He will be studying Banking at The London Institute of Banking and Finance.
- Ghezalla Akbar achieved A in Biology, A in Mathematics and B in Chemistry. She will be studying Forensic Science at Nottingham Trent University.
- Cristian Dima achieved a double Distinction* in Business Studies and A in Financial studies. He will be studying Business Management at University of Greenwich.
- Eileen Larger achieved A in Psychology, B in Sociology and a Distinction in Health and Social Care. She will be studying Psychology at Goldsmiths University.
Early Student Reactions Include:
- Head Girl Francesca Jones: “I am so pleased with my results, and I cannot wait to go to university. All of my teachers gave amazing support and I cannot thank them enough. I wish everyone the best of luck in the future!”
- Katie Chapman: “Im so delighted with my results and to get my place at Canterbury Christchurch to study Sociology, it's exactly what I wanted to do.”
- Cristian Dima: “Thank you to the teachers for the last two years at sixth form, it was definitely a stressful journey but a good one! I am all set for university now and I cannot wait”
Ms Humphrey, Head of 6th Form said: “I am extremely proud of all of our students, they have worked exceptionally hard and overcome a lot of challenges over the past two difficult years. It is so rewarding to see them achieve their goals and put themselves on a firm footing to be successful in the years ahead of them whether that is continuing studying at university or moving into the world of work through an apprenticeship or employment. I wish them all the best and look forward to them keeping in touch with us to hear about their exciting new endeavours.”
Mr Pett, Headteacher said: "I am delighted with this year's A Level and Applied General results. These results are based on students’ actual work, assessed by their teacher, moderated and quality assured. Students rose admirably to the challenges they faced and these results are a testament to their hard work and dedication. Welling School is an inclusive school, offering a range of qualifications and it is equally great to see students being accepted into Russell Group Universities and achieving qualifications that allow them to progress onto apprenticeships and further training and employment routes. I congratulate students and staff for their hard work".
Welling School welcomes Sixth Form applicants from all schools and has a broad range of successful courses on offer. We have a minimum entry requirement of 4 GCSE (or equivalent) passes for vocational courses. Enrolment for the new Sixth Form will begin on Friday 3 September 2021. For further information regarding our sixth form provision, please contact either Ms Vicky Humphrey (Head of Sixth Form) firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms Major (Deputy Headteacher) Michelle Major email@example.com.