Teacher of Science
Please Note: Despite the ongoing COVID-19 restrictions, Welling School can confirm the process of recruitment will continue through reasonable adjustments; please continue to apply.
- Start date: September 2021
- Deadline: 13 May 2021 - 10.00am
- Interviews: tbc
- Location: Welling School – City Region
- Scale: MPS/UPS (Outer London)
- Appointment: Full time, permanent
Our vision is simple – to ensure that all of our students achieve beyond our expectations and flourish as confident learners with the highest aspirations, ready for a bright and successful future and ready for the world in which they will work and live. We are relentless in our pursuit of the very best for all our students. We understand challenges but do not accept them as limitations.
Welling School is an all ability, co-educational 11-18 school, located in the London borough of Bexley. As well as serving our local community we welcome students from a diverse range of backgrounds and areas. Each of them bringing their own part to make up the Welling School Community. We are proud to be part of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT) which is one of the largest Multi Academy Trusts in South East England with over 40 Primary and Secondary Academies in the TKAT family. At Welling our shared values are to be:
See our website for further information about the school www.wellingschool-tkat.org
We are looking for a talented and dedicated teacher to join our committed team. Our Science department goes from strength to strength. Our shared expectations are high and students value the subject meaning they enjoy their learning; they make us proud every day.
We are keen to hear from passionate teachers, enthusiastic about science regardless of their discipline. The current spread of skills in the department means we are particularly keen to hear from Physics specialists but we would be excited to meet a great teacher of any discipline.
The length of your experience as a teacher is less important to us than your ability to motivate and inspire. Our new colleague will have an unstinting belief that every young person, whatever their starting point can make and sustain exceptional progress and that our purpose is to change lives.
We are excited to receive applications from newly qualified teachers ready to start a brilliant new career with us just as much as more experienced colleagues looking for their next step.
You will have access to on-going development opportunities and the support of a forward thinking, successful multi-academy trust. You will be joining a well-led, supportive and cohesive team of professionals who will do whatever it takes to help you to succeed in your new and exciting role.
As well as having a passion for young people and their futures our colleague will:
- be a dynamic and creative professional with a desire for students to achieve beyond expectation
- be an ambitious classroom practitioner with high standards and excellent subject knowledge
- be resilient and not afraid to seek and offer support when it is needed
- bring an unwavering commitment to doing whatever it takes
- have the ability to engage, inspire and build excellent relationships with both students and staff This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly ambitious team of staff and make a real impact on our students’ lives. The successful candidate will have the chance to teach across the full age and ability range up to A level.
Informal discussions and/or visits are actively encouraged. To arrange a visit or discuss the post, please contact Victoria Edwards, HR adviser on 020 8304 8531 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity or religion. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and past employment checks.