Partial Reopening to Year 10 and 12
Welling School will be partially reopening to students in Year 10 and 12 from Monday 15th June, whilst continuing to provide care for Vulnerable and Key Worker children. The school however, remains closed to Year 7, 8. 9, 11 and 13 students until September 2020.
We will be inviting Year 10 students back to school from 15th June for face-to-face support from teachers of core subjects: consisting of English, Maths and Science. Each Year 10 student who expressed their interest to return to school should have been allocated a session to attend via a letter in the post. If you have not received this letter, please contact the school on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8304 8531.
We will be inviting Year 12 students back to school for one-to-one support with Ms Henry, Ms Humphrey or Mr Maher to discuss their home learning progress and to offer any support needed. Letters with appointments are being sent out w/c 08 June. If you have not received this letter or are unable to attend this appointment, please let the school know by emailing email@example.com.
All other students should continue their learning from home via Google Classroom as they have been since returning from the Easter break.
- To access Google Classroom click HERE
- If your son/daughter does not know their Student Google Mail details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your students full name and their form group using an email address we have on our school files.
- A list of all staff email addresses can be found by clicking HERE.
Any updates and changes to the school closure will be posted on the school website, via email and the schools Twitter (@welling_school) so continue to check back.
Information for Year 11 and 13's on how they will be awarded their results in the Summer:
Summer 2020 grades for GCSE, AS and A level, Extended Project Qualification and Advanced Extension Award in maths Guidance for teachers, students, parents and carers https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/877842/Summer_2020_grades_for_GCSE_AS_A_level_EPQ_AEA_in_maths_-_guidance_for_teachers_students_parents.pdf
Letters to Parents:
- Letter to parents - End of term update - 15 July 2020
- Letter to parents - Our plan for a full school reopening from September 2020 - 03 July 2020
- Letter to parents - KS3 assessments
- Letter to parents - Year 11 update
- Letter to parents - Year 10 Return to school - 10 June 2020
- Letter to parents re the phased reopening of Welling for Year 10 and 12 - 05 June 2020
- Letter to parents re the plan to reopen Welling School - 21 May 2020
- Letter to parents re Government Annouccement on the reopening of schools - 15 May 2020
- Letter to parents - Year 10 Assessments - 14 May 2020
- Welcome back letter from Mr Pett - 21 April 2020
- Letter to parents re Home Learning via Google Classroom after Easter - 04 April 2020
- Year 11 and 13 Examination Results - 04 April 2020
- Statement from TKAT - Home Learning - 04 April 2020
- Letter to parents - School Closure - 20 March 2020
- Letter to parents regarding Coronavirus - 19 March 2020
- Letter to parents regarding Coronavirus - 18 March 2020
Google Mail accounts
All students from Year 7 - Year 13 have been set up with a School Google Mail account to contact their teachers during the closure period and login details have been sent out in the post. Students can access their emails at https://mail.google.com/.
If your child has difficulty in accessing their emails, please send an email to email@example.com, providing the student name, Form Group and their school email address.
A list of all staff email addresses can be found by clicking HERE.
There is a DfE helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education. Staff, parents and young people with questions about COVID-19 related to education can contact the helpline as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
The opening hours are 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday).
What action you can take?
A UK wide campaign has been launched to provide clear advice on how to slow the spread of Coronavirus.
Please help to support the campaign which promotes basic hygiene practices, such as regularly washing hands and always sneezing into a tissue, to stem the spread of viruses.
The government is closely monitoring the spread of the Coronavirus and is taking action at home and abroad.
Public Health England and the Foreign Office have issued advice for anyone travelling to the area. This can be found at:
Latest information and advice can also be found at:
The Government's Coronavirus Action Plan can be found at: