Leading Parent Partnership Award
Welling School is proud of its working relationships with parents and carers, however, as a school we are always keen to develop many more aspects of our home-school partnership. Parent / Carer involvement in their child’s learning really does make a difference and here at Welling School we are committed to giving the tools and support that parents / carers need to help their child to achieve their full educational potential.
Over the next 15 months, we shall be working towards achieving a national award called the ‘Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA)’.
This award looks at how well we work with parents and carers; how welcoming the school is; and, how we support parents / carers in helping their child to learn.
We aim to improve communication with parents / carers and the community; support families and children to extend their learning and encourage a greater input and more involvement of parents / carers in school life.
The award has 9 Key Objectives (outlined below).
- demonstrates a commitment to work towards achieving the LPPA
- makes and implements effective plans to achieve and maintain the LPPA
- is a welcoming, communicative and friendly place for parents
- promotes the awareness and participation of all groups of parents in supporting their children’s learning and developing their own learning. In addition, the school holds and actively promotes a programme of opportunities and events for joint parent and child participation
- provides a good induction for all new parents
- provides parents with relevant and user-friendly guidance and information to help them to support their children’s learning
- produces and implements parent-friendly policies to establish effective home–school links and to improve children’s attendance, punctuality, progress and positive participation in school
- provides good support for all parents as their children move through or leave the school
- school summarises its achievements against the LPPA Objectives and outlines its future plans
Welling School will be judged against these objectives and has to provide evidence to demonstrate that we are working towards achieving these and that evidence is constantly updated and reflects the needs of all our young people and their parents / carers.
Please take this opportunity to reflect on the objectives listed below and read the ‘Updates’ which will be posted in the near future to give you a snapshot of the type of strategies and improvements that have been put in place in response to feedback form both students and parents / carers.
With your continued support we hope to achieve this award. You can find more information about the award at: ttps://www.awardplace.co.uk/
If you have any questions about the award, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Director of Learning: Engagement
LPPA Autumn1 2018 update
PARENT/CARER COURSES AT WELLING SCHOOL On Friday 8th November the first course for parent/carers will take place at Welling School. The course will be led by tutors from the Learning & Enterprise College Bexley (LECB) and is primarily aimed at the parent/carers of our current year 7 cohort:-
‘Keep up with the child in Year 7 Maths and English at Welling School’
The aim is for Welling School to host at least 2 courses per term for its parent/carers with the aim of supporting the parent/carers to support their child through the years of education.
Possible future courses :-
SPAG (Spelling Punctuation and Grammar)
Time Out for Early Years
Time Out for Primary
Time Out for SEN
Time out for Teens
Time out for Anger Management
Functional Skills for parents
E-safety for parents/children
Rock into Work
Rock into ….working with children/TA level 1
Arts and Crafts/Mindfulness/Confidence building/Employability
If you would like to show an interest in any of the above courses or even suggest a possible course please email Mr Loizou firstname.lastname@example.org . Details of future courses will be displayed on the Welling School website as well as on the MyEd app.
MAKING THE MOST OF PARENT CONSULTATION EVENINGS.
For all upcoming Parent Consultation Evenings, Welling School has produced a document containing suggested points/questions they can raise with class teachers to obtain valuable information to support their child’s progress effectively. This will begin with the Year 11 Consultation Evening on 1st November and its effectiveness will be reviewed regularly.
If you would like to make any further suggestions for this process or would like to feedback from your experience of using the guidelines please email Mr Loizou email@example.com
We will continue to update you on further developments that aim to strengthen the home/school partnership. Please email any further ideas/suggestions to:-
Director of Learning : Engagement
LPPA Summer Term 2 Update
We are very excited to announce some new developments and initiatives that will support the continued progress we are making in reinforcing the partnership between Welling School and parents / carers.
The MyEd app is up and running and will become an important source of communication between school and home. This is a free to use app which can receive messages from school and where parents / carers can access dates of future events as well as other school related information. Further details regarding the MyEd app can be found via this link MyEd
- Welling School is currently looking to recruit two Parent Governors to be part of the Board of Governors at the school. As well as being participating in the Board meetings over the course of the year, the Parent Governors will also play a major role in ensuring that Parent Voice becomes even more influential in the development of the school. If you are interested in this role, please email Matt Barrett, Director of Business - firstname.lastname@example.org
- In partnership with the Learning & Enterprise College Bexley (LECB) Welling School will be hosting courses for parents / carers at the school site. The range of possible courses could include GCSE Maths and English; Time out for Teens; Time out for Anger Management; as well as courses for Functional Skills such as ESOL and E-safety. If you are interested in being involved please download and complete the LECB flyer and return to Welling School Reception before 4 September 2018. Flyers can also be collected from school Reception or downloaded here taster sessions flyer
We will continue to update you on further developments that aim to strengthen the home / school partnership. Please email any further ideas / suggestions to Mr Loizou, Director of Learning : Engagement - email@example.com