Attendance and School Administrative Officer - Maternity Cover
Please Note: Despite the ongoing COVID-19 restrictions, Welling School can confirm the process of recruitment will continue through reasonable adjustments; please continue to apply.
Deadline: Sunday 6 December 2020
Interviews: Wednesday 9 December & Thursday 10 December 2020
Location: Welling School - CITY Region
Scale: Scale 5 (NJC 22-25). Actual annual salary £20,598
Appointment: 36hrs per week, 39 weeks per year - 1 year contract
Welling School is part of TKAT (The Kemnal Academies Trust) which is one of the largest Multi Academy Trusts in South East England with over 40 Primary and Secondary Academies in the TKAT family.
Our ultimate aim is to ensure we drive education in standards through the provision of outstanding teaching, leadership and learning for all. The Welling values are, to be:
Welling School, located in the Borough of Bexley, is an 11-18, mixed Academy with a Visual Arts Specialism. The school was completely redesigned and rebuilt in 2005 and became an Academy in 2011. See our website for further information about the school www.wellingschool-tkat.org
To provide a high quality, efficient and effective administrative service to the school. To work as part of the admin support team to meet the needs of the school.
- To carry out the administrative function relating to all aspects of student attendance
- To use all management information systems to fulfil the requirements of the school attendance officer function.
- To work as directed by the Finance and Office Manager within a team in areas of School reception and administration, attendance, reprographics , finance and first aid.
- To undertake all administrative responsibilities related to the role and to carry out any other tasks required for the effective operation of the school, commensurate to the grade, as requested by the Finance and Office Manager.
All staff in school will be expected to accept reasonable flexibility in working arrangements and the allocation of duties including duties normally allocated to posts at a lower responsibility level, in pursuance of raising pupil achievement and effective team working, to ensure the operational needs of the school are met.
Personal Qualities, Skills and Expectations
Focuses their time and efforts on issues that will have the greatest impact on agreed objectives.
To complete tasks and utilise time effectively so that coverage meets school needs and overlap is minimised.
- To work collaboratively to provide a professional and positive view of the school that is outward facing.
- Recognises when colleagues are under pressure and works within teams and across boundaries to share knowledge and achieve results.
- To promote the school’s values and ethos and to work in accordance with the school’s Code of Conduct and all other school policies.
- Commitment to highest standards of child protection and safeguarding.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality and adhere to General Data Protection Regulations.
- To have appropriate qualifications and experience of working in a similar role or within a school setting.
- To have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- To have excellent computer literacy skills
- To have the ability to time manage and prioritise tasks effectively in a busy office and school environment.
- To have integrity, optimism and resilience.
- To have the ability to adapt, be flexible, stay calm under pressure in a changing environment.
- To be able to develop good working relationships with staff and students to promote high standards.
- To ensure that the use of IT equipment, that is provided by the Trust or academy as part of their normal duties, are not used for their own private use or gain.
- GCSE grade C or above Maths and English ( or equivalent)
- Relevant administrative skills and experience
Informal discussions and/or visits are actively encouraged. To arrange a visit or discuss the post, please contact Victoria Edwards, HR Adviser on 020 8304 8531 or email email@example.com. The job description can be downloaded below.
Welling school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Visits to the school prior to application are possible and will be COVID secure.
We reserve the right to interview and appoint earlier than the stated closing date should there be a good response to the advert.