School Closure from Tuesday 5 January
Following the recent announcement from the Government on Monday 04 January, Welling School will be closed to all students except from the children of keyworkers and vulnerable students from Tuesday 05 January until further notice to control the spread of COVID-19.
Year 12 & 13 Examinations
The new guidance set out by the government states that "public exams and vocational assessments scheduled to take place in January will go ahead as planned" therefore, Year 12 & Year 13 students who have BTEC Exams during this closure will be invited into school to complete masterclasses - Please click HERE for more information.
The Prime Minister has stated that there will be "alternative arrangements" put in place for this summers GCSE & A-Level examinations following the school closure. We will write to parents once we are in receipt of further information.
Remote Learning - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
FAQ's for remote learning can be found by clicking HERE .
Please note that Bexley has been identified as an area where infection rates are high and the Department for Education contingency framework applies. Therefore, there may be further changes as to when the school can reopen.
Please continue to check the website and our Twitter page for further updates.
Letters to Parents:
- Update from Mr Pett on reopening of school from 8 March - 25 February 2021
- Safeguarding Newsletter - 11 February 2021
- Letter from Mr Pett - Weekly Update - 08 February 2021
- Letter to Parents - Online Survey re Home Learning Provision - 01 February 2021
- Letter from Mr Pett - Weekly Update - 01 February 2021
- Letter to Year 7 - Using PIXL Edge during Lockdown - 28 January 2021
- Letter from Mr Pett - Weekly Update - 26 January 2021
- Letter to Parents - Important Message re Keyworker/Vulnerable student provision - 22 January 2021
- ClassChart rewards during School Closure - 20 January 2021
- Letter from Mr Pett - Weekly Update - 18 January 2021
- Welcome from the new Executive Headteacher, Mr Hatley - 18 January 2021
- Letter to parents - Home Learning - 15 January 2021
- Well-being and Learning Webinars - 13 January 2021
- Letter from Mr Pett - Weekly Update - 11 January 2021
- Letter to Year 11 & 13 - Cancellation of Summer Examinations - 11 January 2021
- Letter to Year 13 - January Exams going ahead as normal - 8 January 2021
- Letter to Parents - Start of Autumn Term arrangements - 4 January 2021
Google Mail accounts
All students from Year 7 - Year 13 have been set up with a School Google Mail account to work remotely whilst the school is closed. Students can access their emails at https://mail.google.com/.
If your child has difficulty in accessing their emails, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing the student name, Form Group and their school email address.
A list of all staff email addresses can be found by clicking HERE.
Our updated risk assessment can be found by clicking HERE
There is a DfE helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education. Staff, parents and young people with questions about COVID-19 related to education can contact the helpline as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
The opening hours are 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday).
What action you can take?
A UK wide campaign has been launched to provide clear advice on how to slow the spread of Coronavirus.
Please help to support the campaign which promotes basic hygiene practices, such as regularly washing hands and always sneezing into a tissue, to stem the spread of viruses.
The government is closely monitoring the spread of the Coronavirus and is taking action at home and abroad.
Public Health England and the Foreign Office have issued advice for anyone travelling abroad, including necessary 14 day isolation upon returning from some countries. This can be found at:
Latest information and advice can also be found at:
The Government's Coronavirus Action Plan can be found at: