Regrettably, our confirmed cases of Covid-19 amongst students and staff continue to grow. Therefore, from Monday 24 January the school has been placed in a Health Protection category that involves putting in place ‘initial outbreak control measures’. This decision has been taken by the Public Heath Team in Bexley because we have not seen a fall in Covid-19 cases since we returned in January.
There are a number of control measures that we need to implement across the school. These measures will initially be in place for two weeks (until Friday 4 February). Our number of cases will be monitored to see the impact of these control measures. Where we have the highest number of cases, there are additional measures that we need to take:
- Any staff who spend most of their time with Year 7 & 10 must test daily
- Year 7 & 10 assemblies postponed
- Trips, residentials, in person parents evenings to be postponed
- No in school parent/carer meetings
- Face covering in communal areas are still expected to be worn beyond any national announcements regarding face coverings
- Any essential visits to the school must involve strict pre and post testing procedures
- Maintain effective levels of cleaning before, during and after school.
These actions were agreed at the end of the last week and we hope will have a positive impact on reducing the number of cases. Unfortunately, as of today the number of staff Covid-19 cases have reached a point where we are no longer able to have all year groups in school. A further letter is going home to Year 10 and Year 8 parent/carers today to inform them that we have started to send home these year groups and from Wednesday 26 January students will complete remote education until the end of the week. On Thursday afternoon we will review our staffing levels and decide if further year groups will need to access remote learning next week.
I am sorry that as a school community we find ourselves in this position. We are doing everything we can to minimise disruption to learning and we will continue to communicate with all our parent/carers regarding any further disruption from Monday 31 January 2022.
With very best wishes.
Mr R Pett