- gov page 2016
Mrs L Robins, Chair of Governors
The Welling School governors bring a range of expertise to the governing body, coming from different backgrounds in education, finance, business, and the public sector. Parent and staff governors offer their perspectives on the work of the school.
There are link governors for key aspects of the school: Special Needs and vulnerable pupils; Safeguarding; KS3; KS4: KS5; Behaviour / student engagement; Attendance; Health and Safety; Partnership 6; Careers & Work Experience.
The Welling governors are very committed to the school and have high aspirations for its pupils. We take our responsibilities very seriously and are always looking to improve our effectiveness.
The Governors are delighted to be part of the success story of our school, which has been judged by Ofsted to be Good. The Inspection Team noted that "The Governance of the school is a real strength. Governors support and challenge the school very effectively".
The governing body currently has nine members, comprising:
- Mrs L Robins, Chair
- Mr T Madden-Nadeau, Vice Chair
- Mrs D Khanna, Headteacher
- Mr A McWhinnie, Staff Governor
- Mr D O’Brien, Parent Governor
- Mr M Malone, Appointed Governor
- Mr P Smith, Appointed Governor
- Mrs L West, Appointed Governor
- Mr D Thrower, Appointed Governor
At their Autumn Term 2016 meeting, the governors agreed to streamline the management of their meetings, so that, with effect from January 2017, there are no committees. All business is now conducted through full governing body meetings, which occur six times a year.
Mrs L Robins
Chair of Governors
To contact the Chair of Governors, please address your communication to:
Clerk to the Governing Body: Mr P Boyd, Governance Officer, Governor Services, Civic Offices, 2 Watling Street, Bexleyheath, Kent DA6 7AT
Please note that some documentation is currently being updated for 2016 / 17.
- March 2017 Names / links / terms of office
- Sept 2016 TKAT scheme academy 2016-17
- Sept 2016 governor visits protocol
- Sept 2016 induction for new governors policy
- Sept 2016 Register of business interests
- Sept 2016 Governors Attendance Log 2015-16
- Sept 2016 Annual Governor Training Report 2015-16
- Academy annual accounts; annual report; funding agreement - please refer to: http://www.tkat.org/93/documents